Now through 4/14, you can earn 1,000 bonus United miles by shopping online, on top of the bonus miles per retailer. Good if you intended to spend the money. Let’s talk details.
- Tier 1: Spend $150, earn 300 bonus miles
- Tier 2: Spend $350, earn 1,000 bonus miles
- Offer valid 4/4 – 4/14
- One-time bonus per MileagePlus member
- Qualifying purchases do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, gift cards or other cash equivalents.
- Miles to post by 10 weeks after bonus period is over
In conclusion, this offer is the typical MileagePlus shopping offer we get from time to time. I would only make use of this offer IF I was intending to do some shopping anyway. Otherwise, the bonus is not large enough to justify spending up to $350 just to get the bonus. On the other hand, I did appreciate United’s example of how the math adds, when factoring in the retailer of your choice’s earn rate. They used Macy’s as an example, but certainly the earnings can be much more if your spend goes to a merchant with a higher earn rate. If you can take advantage of this offer at no unplanned expense to you, go for it. If not, don’t sweat it.