This is a nice bonus offer if you haven’t yet registered your MileagePlus account for MileagePlus Dining. Through November 30th you can earn up to 3,000 bonus United award miles through MileagePlus Dining. A higher 4,000 bonus miles offer just ended on June 30. Does this mean that the current offer should be ignored? Likely not.
The road to 3,000
- 1,500 bonus award miles: Spend $25 or more on your first participating restaurant visit
- 500 (up to 1,500) bonus award miles: On each of your next 3 visits to participating restaurants
- Offer is open to new MileagePlus DiningSM members
- You must create a web login and register a valid credit and/or debit card by November 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m EST
- You must remain opted in to receive emails from MileagePlus Dining with a valid, deliverable email address
- To earn the initial 500 MileagePlus bonus award miles, you just have to join MileagePlus Dining
- All qualifying visits must occur within your first 30 days of MileagePlus Dining membership
- Limit one bonus-qualifying visit per restaurant per day
Though the offer is a bit lower than its 2017 predecessor, you can earn these miles with significantly less spend, because there’s no spend requirement after the first visit. So I’d suggest you jump on this one, instead on waiting all the way until December or further down the road for the next bonus offer.
This offer at the very least makes you an Online Member of the MileagePlus Dining program, while others who are dining buffs will be at VIP level. What do these levels mean:
As you can see, because one of the terms of this offer is to keep opted in for e-mails, you’ll be earning 3x or 5x mileage points per $ spent in dining. See how you can maximize this offer even further in this post.
So the real earnings here should end up between 4,600 – 5, 200 award miles, depending on the points earnings card you use and your MileagePlus dining membership level. Now that’s a pretty decent award miles chunk!