To all of you out there who aren’t already victims of Chase’s 5/24 rule, be reminded that the 50k sign-up bonus offer for the United MileagePlus Explorer card will end in less than three weeks, on July 31st. Here’s a LINK to apply.
This is a great card to stuff your United MileagePlus miles bank.
What you get
- 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- 5,000 bonus miles when you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months your account is open
- 5,000 bonus miles for each card referral up to 50,000 per year (approved applications)
- 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 in net purchases on your Card each year
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free first checked bag
- Priority boarding
- No fees on foreign transactions
- 2 United Club passes each year for your travel
To keep in mind
- This card is affected by the 5/24 rule
- Being an authorized user also counts toward 5/24, so confirm that your authorized user is OK with this to earn the extra 5k.
- Chase will match a higher current sign-up offer if you’ve been approved for any credit card within the last 90 days
- Inquiries for multiple personal credit card applications in the same day are combined into one
- Chase doesn’t have a limit of how many credit cards you can open with them
- You’re limited to being approved for two credit cards per month
In conclusion, it’s a great time to earn United miles. Consider where you are with Chase and determine whether to prioritize this card over other available Chase Ultimate Rewards earning cards. Also consider that Chase likes to extend these offers and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened again in this case.