- 01/2017 United Club ORD (B8 Gate) review
- 01/2017 SJU-ORD (777-200) United Polaris Business review
- 01/2017 ORD-SJU (737-900) United First review
Our second flight of our return home was hit by a 1-hr and a half delay. There was a delay on the incoming flight of the pilots assigned to our flight, so even though we had a plane, there was no one to fly it. The incoming pilots’ delay stretched way more, so United scrambled two other pilots that weren’t scheduled to fly our plane so we could get out as soon as possible. We spent about an hour inside the plane at the gate, and surprisingly, though we were delayed, it wasn’t a bad experience. I wrote here about how just one flight attendant can create an otherwise non-existent bad experience all on their own. The crew in the premium cabin had a great attitude, and in one way or another engaged the passengers in an effort to ease the stress stemming from the delay. They consistently offered drinks and snacks, and kept us informed as they found out information. I could see from my seat how they would either receive a call or speak to a dispatch agent, and quickly let the passengers know the status of our departure. By no means is a delay ever ideal, but the crew does make a difference. It’s unfortunate that I’ve recently had very different experiences with United crew. That needs to change.
Here’s what the thumbs say:
- Thumbs Up – Swift group 1 boarding.
- Thumbs Up – Standard United First seating.
- Thumbs Up – Awesome WiFi speed on this flight! Got a lot of work done.
- Thumbs Up – Spinach salad with strawberries, mandarins and feta was awesome!
- Thumbs Up – Flight attendants made this flight a success, even though there was a delay.