- 06/2017 MAD-ORD (A340-600) Iberia Business review
- Checking your bag on Air Maroc isn’t a good idea
Here are my flight photos and short comments for this trip to Morocco earlier this year. I don’t usually fly outside of Star Alliance at all, but this was a great deal that I couldn’t pass. This business class seat cost me 77k avios roundtrip!
Here’s what the thumbs say:
- Thumbs Down – Boarding was an absolute disaster. Two groups: Business and Economy. No defined lines and because of this people were camping out next to the boarding pass scanning point, rather than standing in line. As I tried to walk to get my boarding pass scanned, multiple people came in from the sides and practically sandwiched me into letting them go first. Ridiculous.
- Thumbs Up – The seats are ok. One can tell they’re dated, but they’re just good enough that I wouldn’t give them a negative review. I was comfortable enough and had enough space for my belongings.
- Thumbs Down – I give it a thumbs down because the Wifi was as terrible as it was expensive. There was, however, a large variety of movies and the screen was a decent size and with good resolution. Looking out the window as always, by far the best entertainment there is.
- Thumbs Down – This is my fault. I felt compelled for whatever reason to request a gluten free meal. Terrible. Since all dinners are counted there were no other options. I learned one lesson: weeks before flying I had changed my preference to a regular meal, but even though the system in my reservation was showing my latest wish, apparently something doesn’t sync upstream, so it’s important to always call if a meal request needs to be changed. Never again!
- Thumbs Up – The crew was great. Very professional and friendly. They tried to accommodate me as much as possible with other goodies that were available food-wise and acknowledged that gluten free meals are not good. Great experience with the crew! They were very friendly and took their time as they serviced the cabin. It didn’t feel as though they wanted to quickly finish service. I asked an extra breakfast plate, and they kindly brought it to me.