- 04/2017 ORD-DEN (737-800) United First review
- 04/2017 DEN-SFO (757-300) United First review
- 04/2017 SFO-PEK (747-400) United Economy Plus review
- 04/2017 PEK-NRT (767-300) ANA Economy review
- 04/2017 NRT-SFO (747-400) United Polaris Business review (soft product)
- 04/2017 SFO-ORD (737-900) United First review
- Mileage run report: Delays and Re-routings and more delays
- Few things beat outstanding customer service
- Lesson from United partner ANA on handling flight delays
Here’s what the thumbs say:
- Thumbs Up – I’m convinced United had one of the best boarding systems in place. It’s regularly smooth, regardless of group #.
- Thumbs Down – Can’t get much better than a 747’s upper deck. Standard United Business 2-2 configuration, with backward facing rows. Thankfully I was facing forward, but from a privacy perspective it’s a no-no, as is window seats not having direct aisle access. One positive in the upper deck is the storage bin that is available for those sitting on window seats.
- Thumbs Up – Decent in-flight entertainment selection (didn’t try the headphones) and stable wi-fi until getting close to China at which point it was China wi-fi. But what’s better entertainment than looking out the window?
- Thumbs Up – In my opinion, this is where Polaris makes a difference. My food was absolutely delicious. I made sure to order a la carte mid-flight meals and snacks in addition to the standard meal service.
- Thumbs Up – Can’t beat United’s Tokyo based crew. See this post for details.