I wrote about this unexpected trip here. I used some mileage to fly last minute to watch a game of the World Baseball Classic in San Diego. Though usually I fly out of ORD, this time I had just flown man a day before from Seattle, and didn’t feel like making the 2 hour drive to ORD, so I booked my ticket from my regional airport SBN. In the past I’ve tried to stay away from regional flights, but this experience might change my mind. This is the leg back to SBN.
Here’s what the thumbs say:
- Thumbs Up – Boarding lasted about 5 minutes total with the plane 3/4 full.
- Thumbs Up – Seat next to me was empty. Decent leg space.
- Thumbs Up – Quick 15-minute flight. No entertainment, but by the time you realize it, you’ve already landed.
- Thumbs Up – Quick 15-minute flight. No drinks or food, but by the time you realize it, you’ve already landed.
- Thumbs Up – Very friendly and humorous flight attendant. She even suggested to buckle my backpack up so I wouldn’t have to put it up in the overhead bin for takeoff and landing, since there’s no stowage in row 1.